Indian Guide and Princess Program
YMCA INDIAN GUIDE AND PRINCESS PROGRAM
The YMCA Indian Guide and Princess Program has been helping dads just like you be an important part of their child’s life for 85 years. When you join the Indian Program you will have the opportunity to strengthen your relationship and communication with your child. The program provides experiences for parents and children that reinforce their awareness to nature, community and family ties. Typical activities include games, songs, camping, ceremonies and adventure. Take the time now to be an important part of your child’s life before it is too late. Just a couple of days a month can make a lifetime of difference to your child.
The YMCA of Orange offers two programs:
Y Indian Guides Fathers and their k-6th sons
Y Indian Princesses Fathers and their k-6th daughters
Program Goals Include:
- Foster companionship and understanding between parent and child.
- Build self-esteem and personal worth.
- Provide a framework to spend enjoyable, constructive, quality time together.
- Enhance the quality of family time.
- Emphasize the vital role parents play in the growth and development of their child.
SIGNATURE INDIAN PROGRAM EVENTS:
Indian 500 Race: Kids and parents to work together, combining science and creativity to make the perfect pine-wood derby car leading into the all-important and fun filled race weekend, where all of the tribes come together to race.
Pancake Breakfast: A 30 plus-year-old tradition that high- lights teamwork between parents and their children as they work together to make and serve pancakes to members of their community.
Campout: Fall and Spring Campouts are highlights of the year. Campouts are packed with activities, held at full featured camps with cabins, lakes, dining, and activity areas.
All fees below include:
- Indian 500 race car (Includes car kit)
- Yucaipa Campout (Includes camp fees)
- Pancake Breakfast (Ticket for each program member)
- Monthly Tribal meetings (Includes Art & Craft Kits)
- Healthy Kids Day
- Meet and Greet Event
- Movie Nights (FREE for program members)
- And so much more!
Parent and 1 child: $140 *$20 each additional child
Questions? Indian Guide Support Team, Jane Avila & Maria Lara,